Plus Prep Educational & Technology Services Pvt. Ltd offers a wide range of products in the higher education sector, both in the physical and virtual realm and services developed to assist prospective MBA, Undergrad. PhD and Masters students.
Information We Collect
Plus Prep Educational & Technology Services Pvt. Ltd collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experience with our services. You will provide some of this data directly, such as when you sign up for our email communication or register for our program through our website or Landing pages. We also collect the information in other various ways such as on social media channels, in-person communication, or during the pre-counselling process when we may contact you for additional clarification regarding your profile or to organize one-to-one meetings for you.
We also obtain data from third parties. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this policy, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources vary over time, but have included:
- Database providers from trusted sources
- Social networks when you grant permission to Plus Prep Educational & Technology Services Pvt. Ltd to access your data
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities
- Publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain
You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide a service, you may not be able to use that service.
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Plus Prep Educational & Technology Services Pvt. LtdThe data we collect can include the following:
- Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
- Credentials. We collect your username and password when you create your personal account on our websites.
- Demographic data. We collect data about you such as your date of birth, age, gender, country, citizenship and preferred language.
- Educational and professional background. We collect data about your employment history, education history and possibly your standardized test scores.
- Videos and pictures. Photographs or video recordings may be taken during our physical events, we may use the visual or video captures of your person on our websites or promotional material.
- Other information you may provide to us, such as in feedback forms or through the “Contact Us” feature on our Sites.
- Information Collected By Automated
Means When you visit our websites, we may collect certain information by
automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs. The
information we may collect in this manner includes:
- IP address
- Unique device identifier
- Browser characteristics
- Device characteristics
- Operating system
- Language preferences
- Referring URLs
- Information on actions taken on our websites
- Dates and times of visits to our sites and other usage statistics
A “cookie” is a file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links webpages to web servers and their cookies and is used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we may obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of the links and other content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website.
As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. We link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our websites. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting personal information using cookies or similar automated means.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our websites, such as social media sharing tools, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers.
Like most website operators, Plus prep Educational and Technology Services Private Limited collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Plus prep Educational and Technology Services Private Limited’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Plus prep Educational and Technology Services Private Limited’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Plus prep Educational and Technology Services Private Limited may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Plus prep Educational and Technology Services Private Limited also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on https://plusprep.com/ blog posts. Plus prep Educational and Technology Services Private Limited only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Plus Prep Educational & Technology Services Pvt. Ltd uses the data we collect to operate our business and provide services, which include using data to improve our products and personalize your experience. We may also use the data to communicate with you, for example, informing you about your account, and product information or to send you promotional communication.
However, to enhance privacy, we have built in technological and procedural safeguards designed to prevent certain data combinations. For example, photographs or video recordings of our physical events will not be connected to your personal data.
Providing and improving our services: We use data to provide and improve the services we offer and perform essential business operations. Examples of such uses include the following:
We use data we collect to communicate with you and personalize our communication with you. For example, we may contact you by phone or email to inform you when we need clarification on the data in your personal account, when your subscription is ending or to discuss educational opportunities that you may be interested in, according to your preference settings.
Additionally, you can sign up for email subscriptions and choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from Plus Prep Education and in relation with the services that our clients are providing.
In addition, we use information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our user’s use of our websites; (ii) delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users use our websites; and (iii) managing our websites and other aspects of our business. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting information using cookies or similar automated means.
We also use third-party analytics services on our websites, such as those of Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyse your use of our websites. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the websites. To learn more about these analytics services and how to opt out, please visit the following sites and any sites contained in the country-specific addenda:
Information We Share
- We share your personal data to provide the services you have requested or authorized. For example, we share your content with third parties when you tell us to do so, such as when you register for our events and express the will to meet business school representatives that provide more information about their educational opportunities
- We share personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide value added services. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose
- We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process; (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials based on a lawful disclosure request; and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a re-organization, dissolution, or liquidation).
Your Rights and Choices
- You should know that at any time you can ask us what information we hold for you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate.
- You may withdraw your consent to process your data at any time.
- If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or legitimate interest, you can request that your data be erased.
- Finally, in some circumstances you can ask us not to reach decisions affecting you using automated processing or profiling.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, we will comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal information to recipients in countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland.
Intra-group international data transfers will be subject to legally binding agreements referred to as Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) which provide enforceable rights for data subjects.
Providing your personal data to others
We may share information about with third parties in some circumstances, including; (1) to a service provider or partner who meets our data protection standards; (2) with academic or non-profit researchers, with aggregation, anonymization, or pseudonomization; (4) when we have a good faith belief it is required by law, such as pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process; (5) to protect the vital interest of others, when we have reason to believe that doing so will prevent harm to someone or illegal activities.
Our categories of service providers and partners are:
- Education Loan providers
- Forex Card
- Travel and Tours
- Student’s Insurance
- Courier Service
- Universities/ colleges
Our Retention of Personal Data
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to provide services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different services, actual retention periods can vary significantly. In any case we will keep it for period no longer than five years.
Address: #24, CMH Road, Indiranagar, Bangalore-38